just a list of things to be happy about, since there’s so much melancholy going around these days! No, the list is not in order of importance!! :)
- friends…they make life liveable
- family…irreplaceable, inspiring
- God’s all-sustaining love…”the love that moves the sun & other stars”
- free will & the power to change (I appreciate this more and more as I get older)
- the ability to learn
- flowers (I’m not sure why they make me so happy, but I’m glad they do)
- blue skies–great for sky-diving in or just for gazing into
- pets…for the laughter & comfort they bring
- books, books, books…oh how I love them!
- digital cameras…it’s so nice to be able to take tons of pictures w/o worrying about running out of film!
- living in an age of ever-changing technology (I can’t wait to see how different my life will be 10 years from now)
- marriage…everyone says it just gets better and better…and is that ever true! the cool thing is that as I change and grow as an individual, so does my love for my husband…My love for him feels far different now than it did 2.75 years ago…. deeper, like there’s a stronger foundation being built under it. It’s strange to love someone so much that words (another something to be grateful for!!) lose nearly all of their effectiveness.
- gratitude…I’m so blessed to have family & friends who are nice enough to share their appreciation, even when I’m not so great about doing so!
- sparkling stars
- healthy foods & restaurants that prepare them
- choices (even when having them is frustrating)
- hugs!!! :)