1) 3 PM — eat a Fiber 1 bar as an afternoon snack (9 grams)
2) 6 PM– eat a high fiber cereal for dinner while trying to “be good” before going to the gym (8 grams)
3) 9 PM– Make an unbelievably delicious Lemony Lentil Soup for “tomorrow’s” dinner.
4) 9:15 PM–Taste test soup, then immediately gobble half the pot–2 cups–of soup (22 grams).
5) Recommended chaser: Mylanta Gas-Ex. :-P
Yeah, I do NOT recommend this much fiber in one day.
But seriously...that soup is SO CRAZY DELICIOUS–modifications (due to necessity)–
- I used dried cilantro instead of fresh (a lot less than 1/2 a cup of course).
- Used around 4 TBS of Olive oil instead of 7.
- I used Trader Joe’s Lime Juice (the one in the little green plastic lime) instead of lemon juice.
- I pureed the cilantro mix in with the 1 cup of soup instead of just pouring it in.
- Used plain-jane green lentils from the 99 Cents store instead of brown.
- What REALLY makes the soup awesome is the final step–pureeing 1 cup of the soup so that it’s just totally irresistible, creamy goodness.