Had one of those unusually productive weekends in which both I and the wunderhub had 1) energy, 2) time, and 3) the inclination to work on complimentary projects (!!!). I guess the stars aligned just right. :)
So, we got our entire main living area re-arranged to accommodate the baby dresser, bassinet, and other baby accoutrements that are bound to accumulate.
This involved moving nearly every piece of furniture in our living/dining areas, massive amounts of dusting and vacuuming, and donating an entire truck-bed of stuff from our storage area to make room for our dining table leaf and chairs. (We turned out 6-person table into a 2 person one).
Then, we purchased and installed blackout curtains in our bedroom so that the Wunderhub can sleep during the day when he has to work night shifts.
I also completely disassembled, washed, and reassembled our beautiful, inherited baby bassinet. Given my distinct lack of spacial awareness, this was a definite challenge. :-P
We think baby River approves–she did lots of kicking and sleeping yesterday.